top of page

OSHA-Certified Hearing Tests Available at St. Rose Medical Pavilion

The University of Kansas Health System in Great Bend offers OSHA-certified hearing tests – audiograms – as part of its occupational health services at St. Rose Medical Pavilion. Achieving this certification from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration allows the health system to meet conditions some

employers have for hearing tests required for potential or current employees.

An audiogram is a hearing test that indicates how loud sounds need to be at different frequencies for a person to hear them. The results of the test will show normal hearing, and mild, moderate and severe hearing loss at different frequencies.

Many of the people who benefit from this service are employees who work in louder environments such as railroad workers, firefighters and hazardous materials employees. They can get a baseline hearing test along with regular monitoring to ensure their hearing safety protection is working as it should.

This service is not limited to corporate employees. Gina Westhoff, physician assistant at St. Rose Medical Pavilion, says other people may need to have an audiogram screening.

“We also see school-age children who need additional screening after a hearing test given at school,” says Westhoff. “Older adults whose families are concerned about hearing loss also can have audiograms.”

The staff at St. Rose Medical Pavilion offers other occupational health services, including pre-employment and employee physicals, drug screenings, EKG and X-ray services. They also offer breathing function tests for people who wear respirators regularly.

“It’s important that we offer these services so companies can get their employees all the testing they need. This prevents them from having to go to several different locations for testing that can be done in one place,” Westhoff says. “For our patients, it’s important for them to get in quickly and be seen and treated or referred on if necessary.”

If you have concerns about your hearing, contact your primary care provider who will refer you to the appropriate testing location or service.


bottom of page